Sunday, January 18, 2009

CNY Cookie - Peanuts Cookies

Chinese New Year is just around the corner and I miss those different kinds of CNY cookies that mommy used to buy. Now, I am so far away from home so either I have to bake it myself or get from China Town. However, I wanna give it a try to bake my favorite peanut cookies.

Ingredients

(A)
200g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
(B)
2 tbs castor sugar
80g ground peanuts, dry fry
(C)
5 tbs olive oil

1 egg, beaten for egg wash

What to do

1. Sift (A) into a bowl.
2. Add (B) and mix well.
3. Add (C) and stir with a fork. The mixture will be crumbly.
4. Shape as you like.
5. Apply egg wash on top of the cookies.
6. Bake at 180 degree for 20 minutes.

Although the outlook is not good but it still taste the same – Peanut Cookies. Well, I am happy for my first time baking on the peanut cookies. I will try to improve my baking for these peanut cookies next year! ^_^

No comments: