Sunday, February 8, 2009

Red Bean Bun

This week I wanna try to bake a bread! I found this recipe from My Home Kitchen .The ingredients and steps seem like not too confusing so I decided to try on this.

Well, here’s my first bun…

Outlook – not too bad. Hoho = P
Taste – inside is nice but not the top of the bun as it is a bit hard. I think may be is my temperature is too high??? Not sure…I will try again to make it perfect!!! Gambateh~~




OMG!!! I ate 3 red bean buns at once...cant stop myself! I love red bean, I love to eat bread, I love everthing...hahahaha. Gim Theng, you can have a try on this. It is quite simple. Hope you will enjoy it!



Ingredients A:
Bread flour 200g
Cake flour 20g (I replaced with plain flour as i do not have cake flour)
Castor sugar 25g
Salt 1/4 tsp
Instant yeast 3g (1/2 tsp + 1/4 tsp)
Milk powder 15g
Egg 25g
Water 115g

Ingredients B:
Unsalted butter 15g
Red beans paste 200g

Ingredient C:
White Sesame Seeds 20g

What to do
1. Using low speed of your mixer, mix all ingredients A till it forms a dough. Change it to medium speed and knead till dough becomes smooth.
2. Using low speed, add in the unsalted butter. Change to medium speed and knead dough till it becomes elastic.
3. Place the kneaded dough in a mixing bowl, cover with cling wrap. Let it ferments for about 60 minutes.
4. Divide dough into 8 equal parts. Round them up and immediately put the fillings inside. Shape the individual dough. Cover with cling wrap and let the shaped dough rest for 15 minutes. After the resting period, use your hand to slightly flatten the rounded dough.
5. Using a scissor, cut an inch at 8 sides of the flatten dough:- First, cut the top & bottom, left & right. Follow by a cut on each portion.
6. Brush the doughs with egg wash. Wet the tip of a rolling pin and coat it with white sesame seeds. Imprint the rolling pin (with the sesame seeds) onto the dough.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 190 deg C for about 15 minutes.

No comments: