Sunday, February 1, 2009

Waffle for breakfast ~~ Sushi for lunch

I can’t wait to try on my new waffle maker. As this is the first time for me to make the waffer batter so I search for the easiest recipe from the internet – Basic Waffle.

Ingredients

1 egg separated
¼ cup castor sugar
1 cup of milk
¼ cup of water
1 ½ cups of self raising flour
pinch of salt5
0g butter, melted

What to do

1. Beat egg white (with half of the sugar), till stiff. Keep aside.
2. Beat egg yolk (with remaining half of sugar) until creamy.
3. Then beat in milk and water. Then add sifted dry ingredients.
4. Mix in melted butter.
5. Fold in egg white.
6. Place batter into your waffle maker (amount will depend on your waffle maker).
7. Eat hot! You can choose with butter, bananas, yogurt, honey, fresh berries, strawberry jam, whipped cream and many more.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All the while I am not really a fan of sushi but not sure what happened ever since I came to Australia, I felt in love with sushi. I had been buying a lot of sushi from the sushi shop. Now, I had decided to make my own sushi. Below are my sushi creations! Looks good, eh? It was my first time…= P









Ingredients (For Rice)
1 packet Japanese sushi rice
1 bottle sushi vinegar
What to do
1. Measure three cups sushi rice into rice cooker. Wash well and drain.
2. Add three cups water to cook. When rice is cooked, add three large tablespoons sushi vinegar (to taste) to rice while it’s still hot.
3. Stir well to combine and fluff up. Set aside to cool completely.

No comments: